Friday, January 8, 2010

Winter Weight

It's been colder than usual and we've had more snow than usual so I haven't been doing the walking I usually do to keep off weight.

Plus,  I have just been too !@#$ing lazy. That's the real truth. 

My local  fitness club "Any Time Fitness" advertised a "Look Good Naked" fitness class.This is an intense 10 week course with four one hour work outs a week. But the fact that when I bend over to tie my shoes has become a torturous squeezing session to my big gut .I needed to do something - QUICK! I'll record my progress here.

Day One -Up Early, Yep the class starts at 5:30 AM. Worked the legs!  And the behind ! Didn't think it was too bad until the day after when normal bending and walking caused me to groan like an old woman.

Day Two - Today( 01/08) Cardio! A full hour of torturous running, jogging, skipping, jumping jacks, step ups and mountain somethings. Actually at the end of the session I am not feeling as exhausted as I did after the first day. This is encouraging.

No weight loss yet - very disappointing. I have set a goal of losing 1.5 pounds this week so I still have 7 days to reach that goal or as Jay says "There will be consequences!"

I'm still walking and bending and groaning like an old woman!

The eating rules given out the first day are also torture - to the man in my life, me- not so much. No butter, no ice cream, no pasta, no red meat ( Yeah! venison is OK!) All the veggies I can eat , some fruit, lots of protein, whole grains, nothing enriched, no sugar -  Oh, I almost forgot....Drink Lots of Water.

It's all doable with some sacrifice, so why am I not losing the weight??????????????????

1 comment:

Home on the Range said...

I'm tired just reading about it.

Good for you though, it gets harder and harder to get out there and work out in the winter.

Suzanne Cooper

Suzanne Cooper

My First Deer

My First Deer
Taken with Black powder

South African Greater Kudu

South African Greater Kudu
30th Anniversary Trip to Africa with husband Bryan

On top of the World!

On top of the World!
Me and my favorite hunting buddies

Valentine Present

Valentine Present

Followers